PARIS CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
5:30 P.M., MONDAY, MARCH 24
The meeting will be held at the City Council Chamber, 107 E. Kaufman Street, in Paris, Texas.
Special Accommodations–This facility is wheelchair accessible and accessible parking spaces are available. Requests for special accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact Joey Sleeper at (903) 784-9231 for assistance.
The matters to be discussed and acted upon are:
1. Call meeting to order
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
Citizens’ forum. (Persons desiring to address the Council must limit their presentation to no more than two minutes. Unless an item is posted on the Agenda, the Texas Open Meetings Act prohibits the Council from responding to any comments other than to refer the matter to a future agenda, to an existing policy, or to a staff person with specific factual information. Claims against the City, Council Members, or employees, as well as individual personnel appeals are not appropriate for citizens’ forum.)
Proclamation supporting the Mayor’s Day of Recognition for National Service.
Items on the Consent Agenda are approved by a single action of the Council, with such approval applicable to all items appearing on the Consent Agenda. A Council Member may request any item to be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered as a separate item.
5. Approve minutes from the meetings on March 10, 2014 and March 17, 2014 (special).
6. Receive reports and/or minutes from the following boards, commissions, and committees:
- Airport Advisory Board/Paris Economic Development Corporation (1-16-2014) and Airport Advisory Board (1-21-2014);
- Historic Preservation Commission (1-27-2014);
- Paris Economic Development Corporation/Airport Advisory Board Subcommittee (2-6-2014).
7. Receive February monthly financial report.
8. Receive February drainage ditch maintenance report.
9. Receive dilapidated structure report.
10. Approve the Final Plat of Lot 1, Block A, Blalock Addition, located in the 5000 block of Old Clarksville Road.
11. Discuss and act on a resolution approving a Memorandum of Understanding and an amended Advanced Funding Agreement (AFA) with the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) for the Safe Routes to School (SRTS) Project.
12. Discuss and act on criteria and guidelines for the Home Improvement Loan Program.
13. Discuss and act on an Ordinance amending and replacing Article III, Smoking Regulations of Chapter 17 of the Code of Ordinances, prohibiting smoking in public places.
14. Discuss and act on a recreation center for the citizens of Paris.
15. Receive presentation from Mayor Hashmi regarding the Lake Crook Project.
16. Conduct a public hearing, discuss and act on a variance request from Zulu Internet, Inc. to place a 190-foot tower within 500 feet of land zoned agriculture from Zulu Internet, Inc.
17. Receive project update on phase 1 of the TWDB water line replacement project, and discuss and act on Change Order #1 in the amount of $18,383.02.
18. Receive and act on the Paris Economic Development Corporation Board’s Plan of Work for Fiscal Year 2013-14.
19. Discuss and act on a resolution approving an Inter-Local Agreement between the City of Paris, Lamar County, and the Health Department.
20. Consider and approve future events for City Council and/or City Staff pursuant to Resolution No. 2004-081.
(If necessary, the City Council may convene into Executive Session under Chapter 551
of the Texas Government Code regarding any item on this agenda.)