Are you registered to vote in the May 11 city and school elections? -- The deadline to register is 5 p.m. today!
You are eligible to register to vote if:
- You are a U.S. citizen
- You are a resident of the county where you submitted the application.
- You are at least 18 on election day (May 11).
- You are not a convicted felon (you may be eligible to vote if you have completed your sentence, probation and parole); and
- You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
You must be registered in Lamar County to vote in Paris or Lamar County.
You must live in the Paris city limits to vote in either the Paris City Council election (District 5) or in the $45 million bond election.
The voter registration application takes only minutes to complete, and there’s no cost. If you don’t have computer access, you may pick up a voter registration application directly from the Lamar County Elections Office at 231 Lamar Ave.
To register online, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Lamar County Elections Office website at: www.lamarcountyelections.com, which will look like this:
2. If you are unsure whether you are registered, click on the “Check Your Voter Registration” link on that page. That takes you through a quick process in which you are asked to enter either your driver’s license number or your name.
3. To begin the voter registration process, click on the “Register to Vote” link on the county elections website. That will take you to a page that looks like this:
(Note that you also have an opportunity to request to have a ballot mailed to you in the event you are either 65 or older; sick or disabled; in jail; or expect to be out of the county throughout early voting and on election day. Clicking on that link will take you away from the Voter Registration Application page.)
4. Complete the application, then click on the SUBMIT button, which will check to see if you have filled all the required places. You will then be allowed to print the application. Deliver the completed Voter Registration Application before 5 p.m. today to Lamar County elections administrator Russ Towers, or you can mail it to him at: Russ Towers, Lamar County Elections Administrator, 231 Lamar Ave., Paris, Texas 75460.
Remember that a MAILED application must be postmarked by today, Thursday, April 11.
—– Important Note: In Texas, voters registration applications cannot be faxed —–