Boys and Girls Club auction features around 300 items
The Boys and Girls Club’s 64th Annual Youth Auction starts at 6 p.m. Saturday, and the list is impressive.
The event takes place at First Baptist Church Family Life Center, 207 South Church St., and includes more than 275 live auction items and more silent auction items.
“We are also raffling off tickets for a doll house that was built by Paris High School,” Executive Director Henry Shaw said.
This year’s fundraiser honors Tommy Duncan and L.V. Morrow, who Whitten said have been involved in the auction for more than 50 years. The Boys and Girls Club hopes to raise at least, worth $70,000. All the funds raised stay in Lamar County.
“We have got some outstanding timed items this year,” Shaw said. “Tickets to the Eagles concert, Paul Simon and Sting, 12 tickets to the Mavericks in the boxes. It’s probably the best lineup we’ve had as far as auction items.”
The live auction starts early in the evening, but the big-ticket items are on a strict schedule:
- 7:45 – A football signed by the 1988 Paris High School state champions, donated by PISD coaching staff
- 8:00 – Yeti Tundra Cooler donated by Pools and More, worth $499
- 8:15 – Guided trip on Lake Fork donated by Rick McDougal, worth $400
- 8:30 – A fire pit donated by North Texas Fab, worth $600
- 8:45 – Crappie dinner for 20 donated by Mac’s Wholesale and Vending, worth $500
- 9:00 – Set of four pick-up truck tires from Paris Chevrolet, worth up to $,1000
- 9:15 – Four tickets to the Eagles at AA Center in a VIP box with parking donated by Danny Eaton with Live Nation Entertainment
- 9:30 – One week stay in a condo on Padre Island facing the beach with indoor or outdoor pool, available March 1 through June 31; donated by Paul Addison and Louise Taylor
- 9:45 – Four tickets to see Sting and Paul Simon at AA Center in a VIP Box with parking donated by Danny Eaton with Live Nation Entertainment
- 9:50 – 12 tickets and a box with four parking passes for the Mavericks vs Kings on Jan. 31, donated by East Texas Mac Trucks
- 10:00 – Gexa Energy Center VIP tickets for four and parking to any show at the event center, donated by Danny Eaton with Live Nation Entertainment
- 10:15 – One day of deep-sea fishing and one day of bay fishing out of Padre Island, including snapper, redfish, billfish and dorado; the value for both trips is $2,000
- 10:30 – A two-night stay and round of golf for two at Horse shoe Bay donated by Barney Bray, worth $500
- 10:45 – A 5-foot by 8-foot utility trailer donated by Happy Trailers, worth $800
- 11:00 – A certificate for $500 towards the purchase of a mattress from Mattress Factory Outlet
- 11:15 – A 5-foot by 8-foot utility trailer donated by Happy Trailers, worth $800
“They’re set at certain times. We’ll stop where we’re at on the auction list itself,” Shaw said. “They’re specialty items. That way people know when we’ll be doing those. You might get ahead or behind in the big list of items.”
The main list was at nearly 300 items on Tuesday, with more coming in. Shaw said the list will be finalized Wednesday.
Click here to see the general list of items in the auction.