- Real Estate
- Paris Flash
- About Us
The Lamar County Commissioners’ Court has a regular meeting on Monday, December 9, 2013 at 9:00 a.m., in the Commissioners’ Courtroom located on the first floor of the Lamar County Courthouse, 119 North Main Street. The following subjects are on the agenda:
1. Approval of minutes. – County Judge, M.C. Superville, Jr.
2. Discussion and/or action regarding Lamar County Commissioners’ Court allowing Ms. Laura Reynolds, working with other volunteers, to place a toy-drop box on the ground floor of the Courthouse for collection of toys for the “Christians in Action (CIA) Toy Drive.” The donated toys (new or used) will be given to needy children in the community to make sure that they have a toy on Christmas morning. The toys will be distributed on Monday, December 23rd at the CIA parking lot. Laura, working with other volunteers, will be placing several toy-drop boxes in the downtown area, and everyone is encouraged to contribute a toy to a needy child. – Laura Reynolds
3. Discussion and/or action regarding Lamar County Commissioners’ Court dedicating a road/bridge, in the name of Duane David Allen, with the “Oak Ridge Boys” band. Duane was born and raised in Taylortown, Lamar County, Texas, and the residents of the Taylortown community wish to honor Duane for his achievement as a successful country/gospel music artist by dedicating a road/bridge that Duane grew up on in his name. The “Oak Ridge Boys” are expected to soon be admitted to the Texas and National “Country Music Hall of Fame”. In addition, the “Oak Ridge Boys” have already been admitted as a “Member of the Grand Ole Opry” and the “Gospel Music Association Hall of Fame” as well as having received numerous other awards. . —Commissioner Pct 1, Lawrence Malone; Ronnie Nutt.
4. Discussion and/or action regarding Lamar County Commissioners’ Court making an application for the “County Transportation Infrastructure Fund Grant Program”. It is estimated that Lamar County is eligible for a minimum grant award of $135,000. This item contemplates hiring a consultant to assist in preparation of the necessary paperwork. – County Judge, M.C. Superville, Jr.
5. Discussion and/or action regarding Lamar County Commissioners’ Court receiving an update and status report on repairs, and needed repairs, in the Courthouse and/or other County property. The item contemplates Lamar County Commissioners taking reasonable action as needed to repair and/or maintain County property. — County Judge, M.C. Superville, Jr.
6. Discussion and/or action regarding Lamar County Commissioners’ Court executing a lease agreement and authorizing Lawrence Malone, Lamar County Commissioner, Precinct One, to sign the agreement with Betty Slayden for the use of an adjoining lot to the Pct. One barn for stacking and storing of material. The lease amount is $600.00 and is for the period of January 01, 2014 through December 31, 2014. – Commissioner Precinct One, Lawrence Malone
7. Discussion and/or action regarding Lamar County Commissioners’ Court approving the continuation of the project by and between the Lamar County Clerk’s Office and Kofile, Inc. Archival Imaging and Indexing of the Official Public Records Proposal beginning with the year 1920 to 1960 utilizing the TXMAS state contract. The project will be converted and imported into the Tyler/Eagle Land Records Management System. The project has been budgeted and will be funded out of the County Clerk Records Archive and Records Management Funds. Specifically, the Lamar County Clerk is requesting the Lamar County Commissioners’ Court approve the execution of a contract for archival services as explained above. – County Clerk, Kathy Marlowe
8. Discussion and/or action by Lamar County Commissioners’ Court regarding line-item transfers for various offices. – County Auditor, Melissa Cavender
9. Claims – County Auditor, Melissa Cavender