Live Life to the Healthiest with PRMC
Here’s What’s Going on at Paris Regional Medical Center and in the Community
Paris Regional Medical Center has been proud to host and participate in a number of events during the past several months to help our community live healthy and fulfilling lives. Take a look at what’s going on:
- Girls Time Out (Thursday, April 24) – Shika Prakash of Operation Save Your Skin and Sucharu Prakash, M.D. spoke at the latest Girls Time Out event to share knowledge about skin health and safety. Refreshments and skin cancer screenings were provided at this free event. The next Girls Time Out is May 24th. Call (903)737-1438 to register.
Shikha Prakash and Dr. Chris Prakash welcome visitors to Operation: Save Your Skin. (eParisExtra photo by Jeff Parish)
- Paris Archery Contest (Friday, April 25) – PRMC leadership and staff were on-hand during the local archery contest to cook and serve hamburgers to event participants.
- Kids Safe Saturday and Paris Art Fair (Saturday, May 10) – Join us for this community event at Love Civic Center for a 5k run, Kids Safety Events and an Art Show on May 10. PRMC will be there with our da Vinci robot, which will showcase its precision through a painting demonstration. For more information, visit: http://www.paristexas.gov/index.aspx?NID=343.
Walk with a Doc at
Walk With A Doc (Thursday, May 15) – Join us at 6pm at Dragon Park for the next walk with Dr. Amanda Green, a hospitalist at PRMC. Research shows that you could gain up to two hours of life for each hour of regular exercise – all the more reason to get out for a walk. For more information, visit: www.walkwithadoc.org.
- Mother’s Day Childbirth Class (Saturday, May 17) – Are you expecting or know someone who is? Sunday, May 11, is Mother’s Day, and on May 17, PRMC will be holding a childbirth class from 8:30am-4pm at the hospital. Call (903) 737-3900 for more information and to register.
Did You Know? National Hospital Week is May 11-17, and we want to thank all our staff and volunteers for the incredible, compassionate work they do day in and day out to make PRMC the health care leader in our community.
Paris Regional Medical Center Leads the Charge in Surgical Innovation in Lamar County
During the past year, PRMC has made several advancements to our surgical services to ensure we’re at the forefront of the latest in technology and innovation.
- da Vinci Surgical System – In December, we acquired our da Vinci Surgical System, which allows our surgeons to perform routine and complex surgeries using just a few small incisions – helping to improve healing time for our patients.
- Pain Pump Technology – We’ve added Continuous Peripheral Nerve Block (CPNB) technology to our post-operative pain management program to help patients better deal with chronic pain following a procedure.
- PillCam SB Capsule Endoscopy Technology – This tool, a vitamin-sized camera that the patient swallows, offers us a new way to help diagnose gastrointestinal issues in a non-invasive way.
- Advanced Visualization Equipment Installed in Operating Rooms – We’ve recently added the 1488 HD Camera and sixth generation HD Digital Capture Device (SDC3) by Stryker Endoscopy® to our operating rooms. This upgrade ensures our surgical department has access to the latest state-of-the-art technology during procedures.
Access to advanced technology, like the ones mentioned above, helps people get back to their families, their homes, their work, and their lives much more quickly than other options – and that’s why we do what we do. We will maintain our commitment to always be at the cutting edge of medical innovation so we can continue to provide our community with the best possible care today and for years to come.
Did You Know? The da Vinci Surgical System has been used in over 50 surgeries at PRMC since January.
About Live Life to the Healthiest with PRMC
These bi-weekly newsletters will include information about what’s going on at Paris Regional Medical Center and in our community, doctor and nurse spotlights, guest posts from local health care experts, and health and wellness tips to help you live a healthier life.
If you have any questions or would like to suggest a topic for an upcoming e-newsletter, please contact Kristi Head, Director of Marketing/Community Relations at Paris Regional Medical Center, at Kristi.Head@parisrmc.com. We love hearing from our fellow community leaders and want to be your resource for everything health care – after all, you’re the reason we do what we do.