New Hope Center of Paris releases 2014 resident 'Wish List'
The New Hope Center of Paris continues to grow and carry out their mission of providing transitional shelter to homeless men, women and children. With their new and improved shelter at 4th and Sherman St., they have the capability of housing many more than ever before, allowing them to address and help even more individuals in need.
Below is the 2014 resident ‘Wish List’, that simple things that could go a long way for the residents of the shelter. If you have any of these things or know someone who does and would like to donate, please do so. You’ll be touching the lives of many people.
2014 Wish List
- Consumable Supplies
- Toilet paper, paper towels, paper plates
- Charcoal and starter
- Hygiene products – shampoo, deodorant, band-aids, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, lotion, hand sanitizer, liquid hand soap
- Liquid cleaners, disinfectants, and other cleaning products
- Laundry detergent, bleach, dryer sheets
- Trash bags – 13 gallon and 30 gallon
- Gift cards for gas
- Printer paper, stamps and post-its, any office supplies, like manila folders, liquid paper, legal/letter envelopes
- Foil, saran wrap, sandwich and other size storage bags
- Over the counter medications, such as baby and adult pain relievers, antacids and Pepto Bismol
- Antibiotic, cortisone, and diaper rash cream
- Mosquito repellent
- Cotton balls and Q-tips
- Bottled water
- Flashlights and batteries of all kinds – AA, AAA, 9-volt, C and D
- Pillows, twin sheets, towels, and other linen items
- Plastic 3-drawer storage bins and totes with lids (can be used like a small dresser in rooms)
- Brown paper sacks (like small lunch sacks)
- Sample toothpaste, baby shampoo/baby soap
- Small wash cloths
- Crib sheets
- Alarm clocks
- At the shelter there is an ‘incentive/motivational room’ for the residents to ‘shop’ in using coupons they get from the staff for good behavior, helpfulness, positive attitudes and following the rules. A number of different kinds of items could be donated to this room such as, makeup, hair care products, lotions, nail polish, scarves, gloves, hats, clothing, jewelry, etc.
The New Hope Center says, “Thank you for your support and assistance,” in advance.
Reach out to your friends and family, tell everyone, and see if we cannot make some of these items on this ‘wish list’ a reality for these residents.
For more information on how to donate call (903) 783-0353, or take your donated items to the shelter at W. 4th and Sherman St. You can also email Gay Ballew, executive director, at email@example.com. To learn more about the New Hope Center of Paris, visit their website at www.newhopecenterparis.org.