RRVDSS annual Snowflakes and Diamonds Gala set for January 12
Moving the gala to the Love Civic Center was one of the changes that RRVDSS made last year. This change brought in more people and provided more room to increase the number of auction items offered.
“A lot of last year’s attendees weren’t even aware of what all RRVDSS did in the community or that we had an annual gala,” stated Krissy Crites, Executive Director. “By making these changes, RRVDSS was able to raise over $15,000 to continue offering services and programs to its members and the community during 2012.”
There will be changes to this year’s gala as well. RRVDSS will have a spotlight dance which will include some of their members dancing to a song that will be sung by one of the valued volunteers. In addition to the dance, photographs showcasing our members being involved in what RRVDSS does in the community are among the changes being made this year.
“We want to show the community what RRVDSS is all about and what we do for our members and the community,” Executive Director Krissy Crites continued. “We have expanded so much in the past year and have so many great things coming up in our future, we want to let everyone know about this. It is important for us to show our members and the community why we have fundraisers, like the Snowflakes and Diamonds Gala. We don’t want to just ask people for money and walk away. It is important that we build a lasting relationship with our members, our sponsors and our community.”
This year’s gala will feature the newly reunited band, BlackLand and guest speaker, Deanna Tharpe. In addition to the short dance program, there will also be a catered dinner from Catering 4 U, an awards ceremony, dancing, and a silent and live auction.
A cash bar will also be provided. Social hour will begin at 6PM with the program to start shortly after.
Some of the items included in this year’s auction are:
- Permanent Eye Liner – Donated by Sandy Fernandez
- Scentsy Package – Donated by Stacy Huddleston
- Fire Pit – Donated by NE TX Fab
- 15, 2 meat dinners – Donated by Scholl Brother’s BBQ
- Catered Dinner – Donated by Catering 4 U
- American Girl Doll
- 4 Tickets to Sea World in San Antonio
- Spray-In Bed Liner – Donated by Scott’s Collision
- Poker Nigh Package, including: Professional Poker Set, Cigars, Whiskey, and Fish Fry dinners for 15 – Donated by Sabra Vaughan and Tim Walsworth
- Beer Garden
- County Wine Collection
- Taste of Paris, including: gift certificates donated by many local Paris restaurants
- Pie for a Year – Donated by Sandwich Etc.
- Athletic Passes for North Lamar, Paris and Chisum School Districts
- Autographed Memorabilia from Nolan Ryan, Josh Hamilton, Ian Kinsler, Dirk Nowitzki, Justin Beiber, Taylor Swift, Brad Pitt and Dale Earnhardt
- Garth Brooks autographed acoustic guitar
- Mosaic Art created by self-advocates with special needs
- And Much More!
We’d like to thank all those that have donated an auction item and those that have sponsored our event.
- NextEra Energy/ Lamar Power
- Toyota of Paris
- James Hodge Motor
- Paris Regional Medical Center
- Campbell’s Soup
- J&L Paving
- Jewel Mart
- Maddie’s Gift
- Red River Pathology
- Judge Bill & Stephanie Harris
- First Federal Community Bank
- RK Hall
Back again this year is our special Diamond Ring. Purchase a $20 chance to win this 14k white gold diamond ring donated by Jewel Mart of Paris.
Tickets are available for $50 each. Call (903) 783-1922 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to purchase your ticket or sponsor the event. You can also visit our website to purchase tickets, at www.rrvdss.org/gala.