- Real Estate
- Paris Flash
- About Us
There will be another free yoga class at the new yoga park on the Trail de Paris on Saturday, June 21st, at 8am. The yoga park is located at the trail and 12th street.
The 45 minute Hatha yoga class is free and is being taught by local yoga instructor Jenny Wilson. Ms. Wilson is a certified yoga instructor and has been teaching weekly classes at the PCT Centre, located at 115 Clarksville Street, for over four years. Her classes and Monday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings at 8:30am and are $5.
Those coming to the free yoga class on Saturday morning are encouraged to bring a yoga mat and/or towel and wear loose, comfortable clothing.
There are many health benefits to yoga, including:
1. Increasing flexibility and reducing risk for injury
2. Reducing stress
3. Increasing your awareness and concentration
4. Understanding the mind/body connection better
5. Gaining strength and stamina
6. Strengthening muscles and keep muscles in balance
7. Improving balance and stability
8. Improving posture
9. Developing body awareness which leads to weight control
10. Receive cross-training benefits– Yoga combines flexibility, strength training, and balance to create a mind/body activity that’s a perfect addition to any fitness regimen.
Even people who participate in different kinds of sports or physical activities find doing yoga on a daily basis provides a range of physical and mental benefits unavailable anyplace else. Once you’ve learned a few yoga moves and breathing techniques, you can easily integrate them into your regular fitness routine.