Downtown Paris Report
eParisExtra.com is launching a new monthly column titled the “Downtown Paris Report” to keep our readers updated on news and upcoming events happening in downtown Paris.
Here is the report for March 2014:
* A downtown development meeting is scheduled for stakeholders (downtown business/building owners) on March 27th at the City Hall Annex from 6:30pm-8:30pm
* 125 tickets have currently been sold for Wine Fest and tickets are still available. To purchase tickets visit www.pariswinefest.com and click the link for tickets. Check in for wine fest will be at the Paris Community Theatre.
* Main Street will be partnering again with the Maxey House for Easter Fun on April 20th from 9am-noon. This family event includes Easter egg hunts, games and egg decorating.
* The Paris Main Street Program will host the Texas Downtown Association Roundtable on April 22nd from 9″30am-2:30pm where the topic will be “Shop Local” and will examine other “shop local” campaigns that have been successful in Texas.
* Movies in the Park Summer 2014 schedule has been released and can be found on parismainstreet.org.
* The First United Methodist Church has dedicated a space for a public restroom in the green space/park they are planning.
*Work continues on the Grand Theatre which includes replacing the porcelain banding, work on the neon lighting and installing the marquee. When the porcelain work is finished an Exterior Insulation and Finish Systems (EIFS) will be applied to the face of the building.
* Several donors gave money for the purchase of benches and trash receptacles which will be placed around downtown in the near future.