PHS Homecoming week honors ‘Distinguished Graduates,’ Homecoming queen and classes of 1973, 1988 and 2003
PHS Homecoming queen nominees are (from left) Randle Cecil, Shay Morgan, Megan Kindle and Crissiauna Brown. (Submitted)
Activities honoring this year’s Distinguished Graduates will highlight next week’s 2013 Homecoming festivities.
Eddie Robinson (Class of 1938), James Robert “Bob” Biard (Class of 1948) and Blake Neely (Class of 1987) will be honored throughout the day Friday leading up to the Homecoming game at 7:30 p.m. against the Melissa Cardinals.
- High school principal Gary Preston will host a brunch to honor alumni and PHS faculty from 7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. Friday.
- The Distinguished Graduate Awards will be presented in the PHS Commons Area at 1:30 p.m., followed by a viewing of the Wall of Honor.
- The Homecoming Pep Rally is at 2:45 p.m. in the high school gymnasium.
- The Homecoming Parade begins at 4 p.m. at Farmers Market Square. The parade will proceed east on Sherman Street, south on Main Street, east on Clarksville Street, north on Third Street, west on Lamar Avenue and on Bonham Street to Southwest Third Street, then south to Market Square.
- A pre-game Homecoming Court presentation and Queen Coronation ceremonies for the Homecoming Queen will begin at 7 p.m. at Wildcat Stadium.
- The Distinguished Graduate Awardees also will be honored in pre-game events.
- The PHS classes of 1973 (40th reunion), 1988 (25th reunion) and 2003 (10th reunion) are having reunions on Friday and will be honored with special reunion recognition.
- Kickoff for the Homecoming football game between Paris and Melissa is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
Homecoming Queen candidates will be selected by PHS students from among nominees Randle Cecil, Shay Morgan, Megan Kindle and Crissiauna Brown.
The theme for Homecoming Week celebrations is “The MARVELous Wildcats” — a superhero theme.
- Monday, students dress out in camouflage attire and “Hunt the Cardinals.”
- Tuesday is “Make Them See Double,” featuring twins.
- Wednesday is “Outsmart the Cardinals” on Nerd Day.
- Thursday is “Superhero Day.”
- Friday, students will show their “Wildcat Spirit” by dressing in spirit shirts.
Anyone interested in entering the parade should contact Student Council sponsor Danielle Chesshire for instructions by noon Tuesday at email@example.com. For other information, contact PHS spokeswoman Jeanne Kraft at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By Charles Richards, eParisExtra