Local business awards scholarships to six local graduates
Scholarships have been awarded to six Lamar County high school graduates by local company, LMS Restoration. Students were considered for the award based on extracurricular involvement, future plans and grade performance.
Sara Mann, Madeleine Hatley, and Meghan Gillean from Paris ISD; Sierra Kruse and Lucas Chipman from Prairiland; and Carson Rast from North Lamar impressed LMS with their applications and will now receive earned help as they proceed to the next level of education.
“These students’ applications stood out due to their strong and committed work ethic, their school and community contributions, and their sincere confidence in achieving future goals.”
- Sarah, who will attend Austin College and major in Biology, is the daughter of Mike & Misty Edzards.
- Madeleine is the daughter of Richard & Deborah Hatley and plans to attend the University of Texas to major in Public Relations.
- Meghan ranks fourth in her graduating class among hundreds of students at Paris High School. She is the daughter of Ricky & Missy Gillean.
- Sierra will study Animal Science at Texas A&M University-Commerce. She is the daughter of Brian & Debbie Kruse.
- Son of Joel & Melissia Chipman, Lucas ranks second in his class and plans to earn a pre-med degree at Baylor University.
- Carson is the son of Bob & Laurie Rast and has plans to study Chemical Engineering at Texas A&M University. He ranks second in his class at North Lamar.
LMS Restoration is proud to support and encourage these outstanding young leaders in the Paris community and Lamar County area.