Paris police make seven arrests Thursday, including driver who left the scene of an accident on the loop
Paris police officers responded Thursday to 87 calls for service, resulting in seven arrests, Police Chief Bob Hundley said.
- Antonio Rodriguez, 26, of Paris was arrested for leaving the scene of an accident in the 1800 block of Northeast Loop 286. Witnesses at the scene said the driver of one of the vehicles involved in a crash pulled into a mobile home park close by. Officers found the vehicle and made the arrest.
- An 18-year-old was arrested after police officers responded to a security check call that reported someone was beating on the outside of a house and screaming for help. When officers arrived, they discovered the youth had actually gone inside the residence and reportedly assaulted a person inside. At first, the complainants declined to file charges on the unlawful entry, but the individual was arrested and investigation is continuing. Hundley said the initial charge of disorderly conduct may be enhanced.
- A person was taken into custody on a Class A misdemeanor for taking to the checkout stand a $134 article of clothing whose price had been changed to $16.24.
- A second person was also arrested for shoplifting — a Class B misdemeanor charge of theft under $500.
- Two people were arrested for public intoxication in unrelated calls.
- One person was arrested for four outstanding Municipal Court class “C” warrants.
By Charles Richards, eParisExtra