- Real Estate
- Paris Flash
- About Us
The residents were at home at the time of the fire and awoke to a fire alarm going off. They located the fire and attempted to put it out.
When firefighters arrived they found that the fire had made its way into the attic. Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire and make sure all occupants were out of the structure and safe.
The structure was heavily damaged by the fire. The home was without power due to the ice storm over the weekend. The fire is believed to have started from a fire place being used to provide heat to the residents. There were no injuries as a result of the fire.
The Paris Fire Department has responded to almost 300 calls since the ice storm began on Friday. The calls ranged from medical calls, power lines and transformer on fire to working structures fires.
The Paris Fire Marshal’s Office would like to remind everyone that if you are without electricity please use approved heating appliances rated for indoor use with a clearance of three feet from any combustibles. Please do not bring open flame cooking appliances into your home. And remember to have working smoke detectors.